...for posterity's sake. i had always considered it very strange to publish your thoughts online for all to see. after all, who cares? and then, as i was feeding my daughter, i realized - she might. so, here goes...

Thursday, February 01, 2007

gettin' nothing but static

as of today, i have officially upgraded my laundry repertoire. yes, it is sad, this is blogworthy. i've decided that since i can shock my children before touching them and bridget shouts "boo-boo!" more often then not when i touch her, i need to do something about the growing static problem in this house. so, i decided to try those little dryer sheets that have been around for, oh, a million years. and guess what? they work! i have to say, i'm a little shocked. i don't know why i really didn't expect them to work, but i didn't.

i may be more shocked with myself though. i honestly don't understand what goes on in my brain that allows me to buy whatever little non-necessity i want but when it comes to a $6 box of static killers, oh no, too steep! what a freak.

i also broke down and bought a tub of oxiclean - it was a wild time in good old stop and shop.

of course, i am my mother's daughter and used the same sheet twice. 3 times is too many, in case you were wondering.

3 Comments:

Blogger PeeKay said...

if there was EVER a time to be looking for welts on your child's skin... a dryer sheet would be A # 1 on my list. eek. steve loves them too but me, no way.never use them. i dont need more chemicals on my skin! i already have enough excema. you will find me super static girl in VA. staticy and loving it.

10:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you and I are friends for a reason. I love it! These idiosyncracies shall we politely day :) van damn here by the way.

12:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"day" should be "say" in my previous reply. this is why (patti) I can't have a blog. there would be too many corrections needed.

12:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home