...for posterity's sake. i had always considered it very strange to publish your thoughts online for all to see. after all, who cares? and then, as i was feeding my daughter, i realized - she might. so, here goes...

Saturday, August 27, 2005

hollyweird

so typical. i leave for a week, come back to find the Remember Me feature has malfunctioned and i am faced with remembering my 27th attempt at a user name to get into my own blog. so, after running through what were most likely the first 6 user names that i tried, i look in my little notebook where i write all of my user names and passwords for every random thing i have joined - because, you see, this is a problem for me - and it's not there. not good. but, after taking a little break and contemplating the potential of a 9 post blog with a cliffhanger that had me heading out to hollyweird, i rummaged through the pile of clutter on my desk and found a piece of paper with #27 and my standard password - thanks blogger people for small favors - in the lower right hand corner. it is pretty amazing that this piece of paper existed since it had about 5 different things on it that had nothing to do with each other and its just the sort of thing i toss in the trash. anyway, now that i have access, here are the details of the LA trip.

we manage to make it to the airport on time and clear security with reasonable ease. this is no easy feat with a stroller, car seat and baby in tow. especially for someone who prides herself on being completely efficient at this procedure. tickets and ID out. sneakers off. watch pre-packed into my carry-on. "do you have a camera or video camera?" uh, yeah, its in the bag that you JUST SCANNED. should i be concerned that you didn't notice? maybe a little. anyway, we are dumb dumb dumb and tell her about it and have to take the bag back and unearth the electronics. oy! i am going to skip telling you about all of the moronic airport/airplane behavior that we got to see because that will make this even longer than it will be.

we land in LA and are greeted by my brother who has chopped off the beatles hair that he has been sporting for as long as i can remember and we're off. first stop Canter's (i will be so impressed with myself if this link works) for some matzoh ball soup and an egg salad sandwich. YUM. by the way, michael used to live in LA, so this was like a greatest hits trip - without the hip bar scene.

we checked out my brother's apartment, checked in to the seemingly cooter-free hotel and went to dinner at one of my brother's favorite places with some of his friends. bridget was a trooper and fell asleep on my chest during dinner. it is so great to eat outside. i don't know why i love it so much but i do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home